Saturday 30 May 2015

Style Tip - Speed Shopping...

Do you have limited time for shopping?


Let's talk Speed Shopping. You might wonder what that is? Let me share my best kept secret... 

I have no time. I have 2 small children and a full time job as a stylist and running a fashion agency. In between the school run, meetings, attending events and caring for my family, my time is down to almost zero. So how do I manage to shop for myself? And when do I manage to do it?


If you have a spare 90 min I can teach you the art of Speed Shopping. It takes organisation and planning off course but I always start by picking just one shop...a shop that sells not only clothes, but shoes, accessories and jewellery too, like Zara, H&M, River Island or Mango. A department store like Bloomingdales or Harvey Nichols is perfect! Everything under one roof. 

Next, decide what you want. A complete outfit, including shoes and all the accessories. Then start scouting the rails and pick a few options, choose a pair of shoes you love and the bag and jewellery to match you options. Then head to the change room and try on your options - not more than 2 or 3. Make sure you wear something that is easy and quick to change.


The whole process should take no longer than 90 min at a comfortable pace. Try it the next time you are at the shops. Make friends with the sales assistance who will be on hand to help you and always take a couple of different sizes into the changing rooms in case you need it. This will save a lot of time...

This is how I shop most of the time...unless I'm on holiday and have a couple of hours to spare. This is my best kept secret and top tip for Speed Shopping. I hope it comes in handy!







No comments:

Post a Comment