I always get asked for my best Style Secrets...how do I do it? What tips do I have? This week I tell you my best Style Secrets and then I want you to share them with your girlfriends...
- Get a grip on glamour by choosing a bold statement piece that only reveal your best section or assets. For example, just because you reveal less, doesn't mean you can't feel stylish and glamorous...How easy is it to completely miss the mark with a dress that is too tight or reveals way to much? Rather target your most sensual bits...
- Skintight and clingy pieces will only highlight any bulges, while super stiff items will amplify your natural contour.
- The supersized shawl or scarf is your duel purpose fashion item must-have...it can act as a statement accessory and as a cover up for colder climates.
- Don't skimp when it comes to big-impact looks...buy the best quality you can afford.
- Your fashion choices reveal your awareness of your body and your style.
- Maximise embellishment and accessories and keep the rest of your look sleek and simple.
- Colourise areas you want to flaunt and minimise those you don't.
- Nothing makes quite an impression as bare limps emerging from an ultra feminine frock.
- Choose quality fabrics and finishings.
- Use drama and theatrics when getting dressed e.g. cutouts, sequins, embellishments, sheer, accessories, subtle patches of skin etc.
- Take a good look at yourself in a full length mirror - top to bottom, front to back.
- Embrace ultra modern extras like coloured bangles, mirrored sunglasses, quirky booties etc.
- Use colours, cut and luxurious fabrics to your advantage.
Once you have mastered the above, remember this:
- Learn to style your body.
- Allocate your assets.
- Identify your life style.
- Establish what you like and don't like.
Carolina Herrera is one of fashion's most sophisticated ladies, who has dressed everyone from Jackie O to Michelle Obama. She advises that every woman's must-have accessory is a full length mirror, proportion is key, clothes that are simple and well made are one of life's little luxuries and that mystery is more seductive than leaving nothing to the imagination...
These are my Style Secrets and what I advise and follow on a daily basis...
Till next week, stay Glamorous xxx
(Inspired by the book Marie Claire: Dress Skinny: Perfecting your Style, Flattering your Body and Looking Fabulous. Images courtesy of Pinterest)