Wednesday 25 June 2014

#STYLEONTHESLOPES

St Moritz...Aspen...Courchevel...what do all theses places have in common? Glitz, glamour and...snow!

We just came back from our 1st ever skiing holiday in Queens Town, New Zealand. This was a completely new experience for us...our holidays normally involve sunshine, beach, cocktails and some exotic location! Suntan lotion and sunshine was swapped for gluwein, hot chocolate and puffer jackets! Instead of coming home with a tan and a glow, we came home with a cough and a snotty nose! Not so glamorous anymore...

I was thinking more Kim Kardashian or Kate Middleton than what I got the 1st day on the slopes...rented ski clothes that had been worn by a thousand people before me and we all looked mostly the same in our Coronet Peak ski jackets...not my idea of glamour!!! So...the stylist in me was screaming to come out and glam up my ensemble a bit...I added hot pink ski gloves and goggles, paired it with a fluffy snow leopard scarf and beanie and finished it of nicely with a bright red lip! BIG MISTAKE!!!





The fluff of my scarf kept getting stuck on my lipstick and kept irritating my eyes, the beanie caused my hair to stick so flat on my head it looked like I had no hair, the goggles kept steaming up forming condensation so that I couldn't see a damm thing and the ski gloves made my hands all sweaty cause they were so hot! More hot mess than hot mamma! Add to that the ski boots being soooo heavy and uncomfortable that I looked like I was walking on the moon and you have quite a clear picture!

This is what I'm wearing on my next skiing holiday
The perfect glamour ski outfit





















My husband couldn't care less what he looked like as long as he was having fun...so rather than being left behind on the beginner slopes and having a miserable holiday I decided to leave the glamour in the hotel room - gasp! - and have some fun on the slopes...even if I was slipping and sliding everywhere! At least I was doing it glamourously…in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment